POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lab Bench - Final : Re: Lab Bench - Final Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lab Bench - Final
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 25 May 2005 18:17:32
Message: <4294f97c@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <c_b### [at] btconnectcom> wrote in message
> Very nice,
> I like it.

thanks ....

> but if you've got a spare 18 hours or so :-)

played a couple games of spider solitare .... roto-tilled the garden and
made a run to local landfill and oh yeah .... had a nap ;-)

> Everything is too straight. I think you should rotate the bench by 2
> degrees
> in y, the flasks by a few degrees (each different) in y and very slightly
> off vertical, the pipette by about 10 degrees in y, the test tube stand by
> about 30 degrees (as it would end up if it was just placed on the bench by
> right handed person). The inverted test tube should be a little off centre
> and the other three should be 3 or 4 degrees off vertical (the hole in the
> stand is always a bit bigger than the tube).

hey you wouldn't be makin fun of me being one of those neat freaks who likes
things just so would ya .... hey seriously I DO get that comment alot about
some of my other work ..... old habits die hard.

> I think almost any sort of subtle texture on the walls and the ground
> outside would make a really big difference.

the walls have .... normal {agate 0.0125 scale 0.5}
and the ringstand has .... normal {agate 0.1 scale 0.025}

maybe focul blur is killing that?